Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Medicinal Chemistry
Job Code: 17-124
Position type: Full time
Required education: BS / MS / PhD Degree
Areas of expertise desired: Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Medicinal Chemist, Scientist, Laboratory, Organic Chemistry, Synthesis
About the Position
We are seeking hands-on highly talented and motivated scientists with strong knowledge in organic chemistry reactions and mechanisms to join our small molecule discovery team working on high value disease targets. Primary responsibilities include the synthesis and optimization of novel compounds characterized by their ability to modify components of the circadian molecular clock and its outputs.
As a member of our drug discovery team, you will be a part of a highly collaborative and fast-paced, multi-disciplinary research environment, working closely with our team of biologists and medicinal chemists.
- Design, develop, and perform experiments. Develop experimental procedures based on published literature, adapt based on results and changing scientific priorities, clearly communicate experimental plans and results verbally and in writing
- Responsible for route selection, multi-step synthesis, purification and analytical characterization of our new chemical entities
- Participate in the design and setup of our chemistry labs
- Keep up to date knowledge of novel chemistry literature and technology methodologies
- Must be well-versed in best laboratory practices with a strong knowledge of safe laboratory procedures
- Must possess good scientific problem-solving ability
- RA – BS or MS in Organic Chemistry, with 1-5 years of experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- SRA – MS or Ph.D. with extensive industry experience in Organic Chemistry with 5+ years industry experience in small molecule organic chemistry
- Demonstrated record of productivity in synthetic organic chemistry research as evidenced by publications and/or patents
- Demonstrated hands-on proficiency in heterocyclic, organometallic, and scale up chemistry
- Working knowledge of analytical instrumentation (HPLC, LCMS, NMR) for purification and structural determination of small molecules is required
- Good working knowledge of analytical and purification techniques
- Proven ability to perform research independently
- Excellent scientific problem-solving ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Strong work ethic with good time management skills
Compensation and Benefits
You will appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life/disability insurance and more). You will enjoy a challenging work environment, amazing colleagues and the ability to make a difference.
Send your resume to email@example.com.